Eligibility for the National Amateur Invitational Championships are based on a point system as follows:
- 3 points for 1st place dog times the number of dogs drawn.
- 2 points for 2nd place dog times number of dogs drawn.
- 1 point for 3rd place dog times the number of dogs drawn.
Bonus points shall be awarded as follows:
All Regional Championships:
- 25 points to the champion; 10 points to the runner-up.
All National Amateur Championships:
- 30 points to the champion; 15 points to the runner-up.
National Amateur Free-For-All Championship:
- 75 points to the champion; 50 to the runner-up.
National Amateur Quail Championship:
- 100 points to the champion; 50 to the runner-up.
National Amateur Invitational Championship:
- Only the previous year’s winner is automatically qualified for the following year’s event.
- Previous year’s runner-up in the Invitational shall receive a total of 75 points.
A gun of not less than .32 caliber shall be used in one-hour Invitational Qualifying Stakes. Shotgun (209) primers may be used in lieu of .32 caliber.