Highlights of this Award Program
Contest: All points earned in 30 minute Amateur All-Age, 30 minute Amateur Shooting Dog and 30 minute Amateur Derby stakes will be combined into a single points total for each AFTCA Individual Member or Pre-Member handler. All points will be calculated and displayed in a real time standings on this page. For points to be awarded The Essential Data Forms should be received in the AFTCA office no later than 30 days after the conclusion of the event except for late April trials which are required to be received in the AFTCA office on or before May 15th each year. Essential Data Forms received later than 45 days after the conclusion of the event or later than May 15th will not be counted.
Eligible Stakes: Amateur 30 minute All Age, Shooting Dog and Derby stakes, either Horseback or Walking. Dual amateur sanctioned events are also included (if run in accordance with AFTCA Running Rules and Minimum Requirements).
Points Awarded to the handler for each stake: 3pts for 1st, 2pts for 2nd and 1pt for 3rd times the number of dogs entered in the stake.
- Host Club must be a current AFTCA Member or Pre-Member Club prior to the trial event’s running.
- Handler must have a current AFTCA Individual Member or Pre-Member number prior to entering an eligible event for points to be awarded.
- Top Handler Award Season officially starts on May 1st and officially ends on April 30th.
- All stakes must meet AFTCA Minimum Requirements and follow AFTCA Running Rules.
- In order to have points awarded the dog must be registered with the Field Dog Stud Book. All pointing dog breeds are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- In order to have Top Handler points awarded the handler’s dog in the stake must be solely owned by the competing amateur handler or an immediate family member or jointly owned by the amateur handler and immediate amateur family member.
Winner will be awarded at the Purina Awards Dinner Program as a guest of the AFTCA. The largest and most inclusive handler competition in the history of the sport!!
2022 Top Amateur Handler Points Standing
|Bill Bonnetti||Marstons Mills||1||127|
|Tim Cavanaugh||East Hampton||1||121|
|John McKellop III||Guys Mills||2||48|
|Roger McGuire||Granite Falls||3||42|
|Jeffrey Keller||Sandy Ridge||42|
|James w Levesque jr||Salem||1||40|
|Jason Super||Ft. Worth||7||30|
|Jeff Sweet||Mount Pleasant||4||24|
|Lloyd B. Miller||Bensalem||1||24|
|Kerri Elfvin||Jacksonville Beach||16||22|
|Ronnie Rogers||New Market||6||21|
|Alan Atkins||Phenix City||16||20|
|John Olfson||West Hartford||1||20|
|Dean Avillion||White Haven||2||16|
|Kyle Whitfield||Seven Springs||12|
|Sarah Deline Gomes||Wellandport||2||10|